Today i've mostly been playing with my Melt Pot... Made about 20 different tags and shapes. Wanting to try and make some of them into jewellery and the rest are for embellishments. Also learned that you have to apply Perfect Pearls onto the shape when it is still warm as if the shape goes cold the powder can't melt and shine. Suze Weinberg is right to say the more you buff the colour the more shine you will get, i am amazed at how my shapes have turned out, especially the central shape with the grungeboard butterfly and large gem stone attached to the middle with Pinflair glue.
Today i used mother of pearl, starry nights, moonstone lustre and clear. Used the UTTEE Flex crystals to make them more durable/suitable for jewellery.
Basic instructions for making the brooches:
1) Take a cardboard packing box and cut into size required to fit your die
2) Pick a large die from the Big Shot range, i chose the large flowers die cut. Cut out as many shapes as you need
3) Put the shapes through a Cuttlebug folder of your choice
4) Melt your chosen colour/colours of embossing powders, add UTTEE Flex and apply to the shapes
5) Leave to cool then cover the rear side of the shape with the same colour or if you prefer another colour, depends on how you want to finish your brooch
6) While still warm apply Perfect Pearls or Cosmic Shimmer to any areas of interest you wish to stand out
7) Use a Cropodile to put any holes you require if adding any beads to your project
8) Attach beads of choice
9) Apply pin to rear of brooch
You have now completed your enameled brooches.
Off to watch X Factor Final and then Sports Personality of the Year as hoping Jenson Button will get the award.
Have a lovely weekend and thank you for visiting my blog :-)