Hi Lovely Followers!
Managed to create a mixed media page for the latest Artist Trading Post Challenge, Alphabet Soup. This is the first time i have entered an ATP challenge, all of the design team created wonderful and inspirational pieces so i just had to have a play.
Called next door to see the lovely Ecclesbourne Railway. We were served the best latte from a vending machine in the Pullman Restaurant i have ever tasted, highly recommended place to visit!
Our journey to Wirksworth took us through hail, snow, sleet and the sunshine you see above, the weather turned out to be rather glorious, even for our return journey.
My project didn’t flow, struggled with every bit of it but i hope you enjoy the images.
Once again i used a lot of product, the new Catalyst wedge and spatula are fantastic, i will be adding to my collection. Easy to clean and they make using pastes over stencils so easy.
Used a TCW 210 number collage stencil over the top of the sprayed background. I applied DecoArt Crackle Paste through the stencil using the Catalyst blade and then while the stencil was still in place i used the Catalyst Wedge over the top to add some shapes to the crackle.
When this was dry i sprayed Violet and Turquoise DecoArt Mister Sprays over the top, dried them and then added my new favourite TH product, Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.
The macro image shows the texture from the crackle paste and the very subtle colours of the Precious Stone spray and the DecoArt Misters. You can also see the lines the wedge left, i really like this effect.
I am so sorry that the timeline of the project has gone from background to finished but i went back and forth to it over a few days and didn’t like what i was seeing so didn’t take too many pictures.
I did however enjoy the embossing of the metal tape, the black paint over the top of the letters, rubbed back to give that aged look. Applying two different DecoArt Antiquing Creams, Patina Green and Raw Umber to add even more aging.
Using the new TH Mixed Media thinlits dies as stencils was wonderful, i added one of them to the bottom left hand corner over the top of some of the embossed and aged metal tape.
Added three different washi tapes down the centre of the page, then added three stamped words from Stampotique and Tim Holtz.
I really dislike the flower i made using the Tattered Floral Bigz die, something wasn’t right i think it was the colours of the layers it didn’t match the rest of the style. Went ahead with it anyway.
The centre is from an old jewellery necklace took apart. Still it doesn’t look right…
I made some paper rolls from old medicine information sheets, i used one for the base of the flower, coloured it with Iced Spruce Distress Re inker and then some of the Silver IZink over the top, love the shine and one for the stem which i covered with the embossed metal tape.
Macro of a couple of the metal covered letters.
After leaving the page to sit for a couple of days i realised it was the white of the flower centre that was bugging me so i stamped over it with a new mini Finnabair stamp called Dot Grunge.
Happy mail arrived this afternoon and my new Dylusions Sentiments stamp set Laugh ‘Till You Leak arrived. Used one of the sentiments on my page.
Hope you are not too disappointed in my Alphabet Soup, it came together very last minute. I might even add it to a piece of mount board, maybe that’s what’s missing! If i do will update the post.
Looking forward to your comments and feedback be it good or bad.
Thanks for dropping by.