Sunday, 9 May 2010

Playing with Tim Holtz Alterations

Never made my own rubber stamp before, today I made a border stamp from one of Tim Holtz’s Alterations Dies.  Bought some Funky Foam A4 size


IMG_0719Covered the back of an A4 sheet of the foam with red tape which is very sticky.  Cut the sheet in half and put the sheet over the Die. Ran this through a Big Shot manual die cutting machine and the green shapes are the results.  Peeled the backs of to reveal the sticky back and stuck to very thick acetate (this acetate comes from the packaging that houses the Sizzix Dies).

IMG_0720Cut the acetate to slightly larger than the funky foam stamp so can handle them and then had a go at stamping. The results are not that good but good enough for me to see what i needed to get right next time I made a stamp.  


I ran over the acetate with a brayer to try and help achieve a clear and consistent  border, didn’t work but doesn’t look too bad.  The shapes that accompany the border are shapes that were taken from the funky foam to be able to get a perfect border.  They look quite good and am hoping to complete a card quite soon using all the above elements if possible.

Have been saving some drinks cans as i read they can be recycled and treated the same as the metal we buy to use with Walnut Hollow kits.  I tried putting the prepared cans through the Big Shot using another of Tim Holtz’s Alterations Bigz Dies.  Used the Angel Heart die and this is the result.

IMG_0728Need to be careful when handling the cans as the edges can be a little sharp so wouldn’t recommend trying this method with young children.  Just need to alcohol ink these elements and see how they look when completed.

Off to do some more stamps and to cut out from some more drinks cans.  Thanks for stopping by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment