Tuesday 6 July 2010

Art Journal Pages

Finding it difficult to work with reds, yellows and oranges and words…  You’d think that it would be easy to create Journal pages when you enjoy having a chat and used to be told that “i had been injected with a gramaphone needle” when i was much younger. 

Over the years i have become a very private person, especially in this age when everyone seems to want the World and all it’s inhabitants to know all about them.  When i attended the Journaling Workshop i was quite eager to learn how to write but forgot to wonder exactly what i could write. I am still pondering…

This is the first of my pages, nothing flows and the colours clash too much but it’s all a learning curve and nothing is considered wrong in Art Journaling; love this a lot… Lets see what happens when it’s time to play on the next pages; maybe i need more white writing…

IMG_1227 web size lg

The background was painted using Stewart Gill paints and stencils. The flowers are from a sheet of decoupage, hand cut, sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer mica sprays, scrunched and finished with a fancy brad.  I adore all of the new Hot Pick stamp plates from Paper Artsy and can’t stop using them.  The leaf shapes from plates 1004 and 1006 can be used as a cute bird shape as seen above; just add legs…  The larger birds were die cut from toilet roll inners using the Paper Artsy  Die Cuts coloured with Ranger Daubers and glitter pens.

Thanks for dropping by, feel free to leave a comment as it’s nice to know someone has passed this way:-)

3 comments:

  1. They look good, Paula. Let it out - just start to write and you won't want to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these pages but then as you know I'm a very big fan of reds and birds! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your journal page looks YuMMY!! Very vibrant, and alive.
    although I love the look of text on a page I don't pour my heart out into my journal as I don't really want to read my thoughts again! But you can write random letters, a little story, a quote... Thanks for linking the Elements image :) x

    ReplyDelete