Saturday 23 April 2011

Less Is more Challenge Number 12

Over on the Less Is More site this  weeks challenge is to make our cards OFF CENTRE.  May i also congratulate Lady LIM and Mandi Diva LIM on their new titles and on this weeks challenge.   A tricky thing to create and get it looking just ‘right.’

May i apologise for not commenting as much last week, this was due to a couple of things. My cold came back and i was sneezing and sleeping a lot, plus i had laser treatment on my face and it swelled up so much it was difficult to see for around 48 hours. I gave up on trying to catch up with commenting as by the time i could see there were over 200 submissions…

Anyway onto my cards, i have made three so far but am not happy with two of them. Am going to submit them all in one post to save on the commenting.  Here goes and as usual please feel free to share your thoughts, good or otherwise as i enjoy constructive feedback it helps me learn and get better.

Here are the two i am not happy with.  The first one can be easily rectified it just needs me to stamp another vase and place over the top of this one.  Tried to colour the edge to give some depth and had a bit of a shake (due to medication) and sort of ruined the left edge, i do like the flowers though…

LIM wk 12 vase 02 

LIM wk 12 vase 01

Used Elusive Images stamps for the vase and the sentiment and Prima for the flower.  Vase coloured using DI Bundled Sage and Forest Moss on the edge. Flowers stamped using Adirondack ink Stained Glass and directly onto the card base, the sentiment was stamped directly onto the card using Adirondack Slate ink pad.

Love this stamp which is from Dimension Fourth, had to buy it just because of the sentiment.

LIM wk 12 choc 01 words

LIM wk 12 choc 02 

Thought this was a good idea but turned out boring and bland. coloured in the Fairy using glitter pens and Stickles Cinnamon glue. The sentiment was coloured using a light covering of DI Frayed Burlap ink.Decided to use a tiny star stamp just to add a tad of  detail but it was probably a bad move as i think it looks much better without the stars… What do you think?

LIM wk 12 choc 03 

The last entry for this weeks challenge is my favourite as i love dress form stamps.  This one if from Stampington & Company from 2009, a wood mounted stamp called Flora.

LIM wk 12 glamour 01

Used Brilliance Starlight Black ink to stamp the sentiment and i just love the sparkle you get from this ink pad. Took this macro as the sentiment didn’t photograph very well on the card image.

LIM wk 12 glamour 02 

 I enjoy taking macro shots so here are a couple more.

LIM wk 12 glamour 03

LIM wk 12 glamour 04 

Stamped the dress form in DI Chipped Sapphire used up gold mica spray that i had been using on another project just to add a couple of highlights to the form.The faux pearls are from Crystal Stickers by Mark Richards.

That’s all from me this week, i will try to get around to comment but not until after Monday as i want to share some time with my OH over the Easter Break seeing as i can ‘see’ him a lot better than last week lol.  Enjoy the Easter Break, all your chocolate and the weather whatever it may be. 

Thanks for dropping by:-)

38 comments:

  1. All three are fab but have to say the 3rd is my favourite. I think you have the perfect balance on this one and what a gorgeous stamp.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous cards :-) I would leave it to the experts Chrissie and Mandi to critique better ,, I think the stars are lovely ,,, but maybe not so many, maybe 3 would be a good balance ,,,all of the cards are gorgeous though :-)

    hope you feel better soon xx

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of cards and your LIM entry is fab. Hope you are now feeling better

    Happy Easter

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great cards, but love no 3.
    jenjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All smashing cards but my favourite is no. 3 I adore this card because it is truly so very pretty with lovely details. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy the Easter break, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite is the third card because that stamp is stunning and the card is perfect!Love the save the earth one but am still umming and ah-ing about stars or no stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your cards are great, but #3 is my favorite! love that dress form!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to be looking at things a bit differently from most. I like the first one. the mat sizes, the fading of the ink for the sentiment and the subtle coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards this week, you have been busy! My fave is the dress form, so elegant and love the sentiment too!

    I'm now feeling very frustrated as I'm on holiday in the new forest, the weather is glorious, and we are going on a lovely walk to Beaulieu and Bucklers hard today and all I want to do is create!!! Boo hoo! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three lovely cards...my favourtie is the dress.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mac
    Your placement of the images are great Off centre!
    Well done
    AS for the stars, I guess if you have to have them they would be better under the glamorous bit rather than so close to the image...well to me anyways!
    Sorry you not been well, hope et week is a better one
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    Diva LIM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry called you Mac not Moh!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glorious cards! my fav is Flora :) Hope you're feeling better and manage to enjoy Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely trio of cards. Hard to pick a favourite so I won't :-) Have a great Easter weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice...love ~love the dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three super cards. Like the vase in the first one, like your stars with the fairy and love the dress in the last one. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three lovely cards but the third does stand out. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love them all, the choccy sentiment has to be tops, the dress has so much work on it that it would be difficult to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've definitely been a busy girl! Beautiful cards...my favorite is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goodness you're been busy this weekend, what lovely cards... I actually prefer the planet earth one without the stars... but then you probably guessed I would say that. I think they're all fabulous!
    I love the stamp on your last one!
    Thanks so much!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All your projects are beautiful, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your cards, brilliant. Hope that you are feeling better. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the last card......just plain gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Three super cards, I like the addition of the stars in the second one but the dress one is my fave. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Three fab cards here and the first has to be my favourite. Love the raised dimension :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, what a busy crafter, I like all your cards, prefer the one with no stars but I just love the dress one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. One of the limettes told me about digisparkle as they are ceasing to trade at the end of May so having a sale. Enter 'closing' in the voucher redemption box for 50 percent off. A furniture set is free when you make a purchase :)
    HTH
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some fabulous stamps...great designs...
    Thanks for sharing your work.

    Sarah at 182

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello there, Sorry to hear that your not feeling so good, I hope by now that'll have passed:0) Great cards but my favourite is the 'save the world' one with the stars, great sentiment and fun!
    Thank you for lovely comments on my cards, what a sweetie you are! :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. The last card is my favourite. CAS cards don't have to mean very plain images and your very ornate dress form looks fabulous with all that space allowing it to breath! I also like the way you stamped your sentiment quite close to the image, which makes it look part of the grouping. The first card is lovely too but I do feel the sentiment is perhaps a bit far from the main image, making it look as if it's floating about on its own! I love the way you added definition to the vase - the slight shake has made the vase look antique! Hope you're feeling better now. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh these are fabulous, my fave it the first one with the vase of flowers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, they're all good cards, but I'm with you, and my fave is the dress form one. LOVELY!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello there, Just wanted to say I have something for you on my blog:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fabulous selection of cards. I love the fun sentiment with the chocolate :) But I absolutely adore the last one - it's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that saying, Save Planet Earth etc:)
    I hope you are feeling better now:( love yer cards!!
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards.
    I think I prefer the first one

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather again! :( Really hope you have turned around the corner and that you are back on your feet again! :)
    Sorry have not been commenting. Visiting with my sister and her family so the disappearance! Atrocious net connection!
    FAB cards! You just amaze me with the fantabulous sentiments you have! Wish I could borrow them from you! LOL! Of course....chocolate wins...any day! :)

    ReplyDelete