Sunday 1 June 2014

SDC 149 Pink and Turquoise

Over at the Stampotique Designers Blog the challenge this week is from Sam Read, Sam says:

I'm so excited to be sharing with you my love for polka dots. Almost every thing I own is dotty!

Polka dots are great fun as a main feature or as a delicate accent to artwork. My other love is my favourite colour combination, pink and turquoise. So for this weeks challenge I'm inviting you to have fun with my favourite things: Pink, Turquoise and Polka Dots! I can't wait to see your creations, so get your rubber out and have lots of fun creating :)

Here is my dotty card.

P1060720

Used Portfolio Pastels through a small circle stencil to create the background, used the bump technique to add a little dimension. Drew larger circles over the top using the same pink and turquoise Portfolios then used some free Indigo Blu stamps for the flowers, dragonfly and the sentiment.

Coloured the flowers using the new limited edition Inktense Pencils, used carmine Pink, deep rose, turquoise, beech green, spring green and sun yellow to colour the flowers.

Hand drew the stems which are not quite right on the pink flowers, perhaps i should have left them floating like large bubbles… Yes, that would have worked much better! Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol. Hand drew the black circles also.

Made this for a friend for their birthday. Here are another couple of images.

P1060718P1060721P1060723

The envelope was stamped with the larger set of grasses from the free Indigo Blu set.

Thanks for dropping by, any help on creating good stems on flowers would be appreciated.

xxx

18 comments:

  1. your stems look great - and I love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love it. The Jofy inspired circles and squiggles work really well. Jealous of the inktense and hope that I can get them from the pencil factory in August. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms :) great take on the theme!
    thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flowers, I too got the mag with those stamps. Such a fab freebie isn't. Your friend will love that beautiful card :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and love the addition of your flower on the back, looks fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah!! This is brilliant, so modern and new, I love this!! Well done :D Hugs Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo and the background

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous and a work of art! Love the softness of the colors and your unique polka dots! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't forget to go back to the Stampotique site and add the challenge number to your submission!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is fabulous. I love the flowers and your background. I don't think the stems look at all bad!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great design and I love the dotty background and colour combination xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow a great card. Love the colour combo, they work so well together. I really like the polka dots too, very subtle but very effective. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, lovely interpretation of Sam's Challenge. Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a really beautiful card. Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Love how you decorated the back of the card, & also the envelope.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, this is lovely and I'm surprised because you've shown me I can like pink, lol! It looks gorgeous here with the turquoise/blue. Beautiful card that your friend is going to enjoy so much.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's lovely - the colours are amazing together, and I love how subtle the shades are in those background bubbles, and then more intense on your lovely circular flower heads. Gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete