Thursday 3 July 2014

SOC4 Week Four

Am really enjoying the weekly colour challenges over at TwinkleTwinkleLikeAStar blog.

This weeks colours are:

Pink & Apple Green

with a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Dark Green.

I am not a pink girl BUT after spending the day with Dyan Reaveley playing with Dylusions Sprays and her stamps i can say i am starting to think it is ok to craft with pink, i just won’t wear it or have it in my house, big step forward in my head!

Here is my attempt at this weeks challenge.

P1060936

Made a journal for my neighbours little girl who is around 10 years old and loves pink.

Started off with a pink coloured piece of card which i sprayed with Bubblegum Pink Dylusions Spray, dried off with a heat gun then sprayed again with the same colour through a stencil, while still wet tuned it over and pressed down on the opposite page to get the reverse effect and to use up the ink that was still on the stencil.

P1060928

Cut the card in half, stamped over the background with She Script stamp then added some washi tape.

P1060929

Stamped out some of the flowers and one of the stems onto more card. I had some green card stock which i splattered with green ink to use as the base for the flowers.

P1060930

Sprayed some Crushed Grape Dylusion ink through another stencil to add a little depth to the other pink page.

Cut out the images ready to assemble onto the finished page.

P1060935 

Added Holly Rainbow Glaze for the pop of dark green and also glazed the hair on the head i had cut from one of my other stamps.

P1060936

Made the journal from white mount board for the cover and added copy paper, 120gsm paper and some navy blue card. The little girl want a scrap book album. Added the binding using The Cinch from WRMK.

The pink fluffy edge came from a Valentines day card i received many years ago and saved when i was clearing out some of my stash.

Looking forward to your comments, thanks for dropping by.

xxx

26 comments:

  1. Oh golly, what little girl wouldn't love this, it's gorgeous!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!!!.. Awesome made and sure a little girl will be happy for this one.. Splendid! .. Thanks for visiting "Do You Hear The Wind Whisper"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very pretty and girly! I'm sure she will be thrilled. I'm with you on the pink - never been my clour although I had fun playing with it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and I bet she'll be thrilled to have something specially for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading how you made the journal was fascinating, so many interesting processes and a really lovely final result. The little girl will absolutely love this, I'm sure, a pink arty journal book, what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, this is decadently gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work and a great gift for the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful-I love the fluffy edges and what a sweet gift for a young girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks fab and I am sure your little neighbour will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very lovely and soft, she will adore this I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has turned out so well. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet your neighbor's girl absolutely LOVED this wonderful, creative, and magical journal! What a wonderful gift!!! Thanks for sharing this with all of us at SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! And yay you for stretching outside your don't-like-pink stance! Your neighbor's daughter will SO love this made-for-her wonder - what a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome journal! I'm sure the little girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink AND fluffy - what's not to like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very sweet journal for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely thing to make for a little girl who loves pink. Especially as you admit you don't particularly like pink. A most selfless gift. I love the flowers you created and the descripton of how it all came together.
    I'm happy you like my tag, thank you for your kind words :o))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, it looks wonderful! What a lovely gift for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's a very lucky little girl! Super journal, and perfect for this week's SOC colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This indeed is gorgeous and any girl would love it :)
    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gotta love that journal. I don't think I did pink as a kid but I love it now. Probably as I live in a male dominated household and trying to hold my own! Yes love that journal. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is adorable, I am sure she will love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucky girl!! I'm sure she'll love this journal, it's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful gift for your neighbours daughter! I know what you mean about pink - I hate it normally but have been strangely drawn to it in paint! Hmm.

    Sorry for the late comment - am bringing up the rear this week ;)

    ReplyDelete