Have completed my last swap for the Yahoo Group i belong to.
Have enjoyed taking part and have had some beautiful items in the swaps. I do hope the lady who receives this postcard will have had as much fun as i have taking part in this one.
Theme is a postcard with sewing on it.
Here are the postcards i made.
Both have been created using the new Darcy Wilkinson EDY09 plate.
The blue background is Dylusions Ink sprays, used Archival Ink in Watering Can on both postcards.
Used Staedtler colouring pencils to colour all the flowers and add the highlights and shadows.
Here are the cards after the sewing has been added.
Used orange, green and turquoise threads to add depth and texture. On the blue coloured card i did four different techniques to add the sewing on to the flowers.
On the tall card i used free motion embroidery only.
Added acrylic felt backs which were sewn on the back of the cards using running stitch.
Added the word hope using the Frumptious Alphabet set from Roald Dahl.
Added the sentiment from EDY09 and scuffed up the edges and inked with cornflower Blue Archival Ink.
Kept both postcards flat as i am posting one of them.
Hope you like them and am looking forward to your comments.
Thanks for dropping by.