Friday 20 September 2013

UK Art Swaps Sept 2013

Made a birthday card for one of the ladies in the UK Art Swap Group i belong to.  This is my first time using these quite wonderful stamps by Darcy Wilkinson.  Darcy has just launched her own rubber stamp designs under the Paper Artsy umbrella.

Darcy also has a wonderful Blog called Art and Sole where she has many inspirational tutorials. Darcy loves to share her work so please pop over and enjoy her Blog.

The card blank is a cream coloured 4.5” square.  Sprayed the background using Dylusions Sprays Vibrant Turquoise, Calypso Teal and Crushed Grapes, then stamped the heart border.

P1050104 crop 

Coloured the border hearts in with Paper Artsy Fresco Paints London Bus and Blood Orange mixed together.

Stamped the sentiment also from Set One, added some of the individual small heart images and coloured them in using Derwent Inktense Pencils, red and orange.  Used the white Inktense pencil to add the white dots in all of the hearts.

Mopped up some of the Dylusions colours onto the back of the card and added a small heart using the individual small vine heart image.

P1050081 crop 

Finally went over the whole card with a combination of the new Gold and Copper Metallic Pan Pastel.  These new metallic colours can be soft or very bright when mixed with water and other mediums. So glad i now have them in my stash.

P1050075 crop

Love this sentiment that Darcy has made into a stamp, it really resonates with me as i do love my crafting, whatever form it takes.

Looking forward to using Darcy’s stamps on a fabric project very soon.

Thanks for dropping by Smile

PS I think i am supposed to write that the links i have used do not make me any money.  I have used these links as i purchase my items from these retailers and have had fantastic customer service from them allSmile

5 comments:

  1. OOoh fab use of the stamps,love your background but also how you've applied the metallic pp's over the top - wonderful

    Great experimenting, I think I will need some now!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Love the blend of colours and the doodle-like look of those rambling rosy hearts, I've heard a great deal about Pan Pastels, but never seen them used until now - lovely vivid effect. I love Darcy's blog; her tutorial on molds was great! These hearts look terrific, can't wait to see your fabric project soon! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking fabulous, I especially like how you carried the design onto the back. So glad you like the text stamp. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, and I love the card - it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete