Sunday 11 May 2014

Joanne Wardle Inspired…

Was so inspired by the Joanne Wardle CAS card over at the Paper Artsy Blog that i had to have a quick play. If you click on the link you will see Joanne’s post and how she made her card.

Must admit i have struggled to get the paper ribbon roses just right, i used an A4 sheet of copy paper and cut a strip from the longest side then followed the instructions. None of my flowers got anywhere near the size that Joanne and Alison achieved.

I did only have half an hour to make them and can see how to make them larger next time i play, so all is not lost.

Meanwhile i made this.

P1060589

P1060590

As my flowers were small decided to make the smaller roses into one larger flower. Added a doodled shape around and a stem.

The sentiment is from JOFYFO stamp plate JOFY 11, love the words on this plate.

I am entering my card into the Paper Artsy challenge with just over an hour to spare.

Hope you have enjoyed this project, thanks for dropping by, do leave a comment so i know you have visited.

xxx

19 comments:

  1. You have another hour to play... I think your flowers look great, and make a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh that's excellent, great idea to use 3 together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great make, with time spare! It's more than I've done in a week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, I love the flower. I gave up trying to make those roses, couldn't get them right at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smaller flowers are probably more difficult to make but they will be handy for cards as embellishments. As a bouquet on this card it works very well too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A triumph, would be more than happy to receive it. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think your flowers look great and well done on your PA win xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done - I couldn't get my head round these at all..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that is brilliant! Love how you've combined the small dimensional flowers into the larger doodled one - absolutely inspired!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lovely, this is fab. I love the doodle round the flower what a brill idea. Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out brilliant. Glad you won,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These flowers look really effective. I love the drawn element around the edge. I'm sorry I'm late commenting, I've been helping my daughter with application for an internship. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo you for perseverance! I tried these flowers several times, and got so frustrated, I gave up, haha. Your card is so pretty with the three wee buds together. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow gorgeous card, I get so frustrated as my flowers like thst never work out so I stay away lol. I love how you have drawn a flower around the flowers, stunning :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful, the little flowers look fabby as a bunch, and your doodling is genius! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card, especially the doodled flower and dimensional flowers combined. A fabulous less is more type card :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this turned out great especially with the doodled flower enclosing the paper ribbon ones. I've not had much time recently so think I must have missed this blog post of Joanne's. Need to go back and check it out.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete