My wonderful OH made me a platform to use under my sewing machine for when i go to workshops where the table height isn’t correct for me.
He used plywood for the top and bottom and dowling for the spacers.
The pieces were sanded down.
Covered with Fresco Snowflake and then a tad of Little Black Dress was added to a purple paint.
Too dark but the right colour for the bedroom wall at OH’s.
Covered again using DecoArt Chalk paint in white.
Lost the plot when i got to this point,the paints i used were DecoArt Media Line and their Crackle Paint over the top. These sides are the inner of the platform which won’t be seen.
The top and bottom of the platform that will be seen, this is before OH used counter sunk screws to attach it all together.
Top of the plinth after it has been sanded and stamped, Spectrum Noir Pencils were used to colour the flowers and Chalk pens to colour the Christy Tomlinson figure.
Added the name Dilys to the platform, this is because i have nicknamed my sewing machine Dilys after it’s model number DS140.
Side view, it is 2.5 inches tall and has been tailored to fit the footprint of the machine.
Glued onto the base a piece of heavy duty heatproof felting, adds a little more grip than a wood base.
Dilys on her platform.
Used it recently when attending a Creative Threads Workshop in Garstang, worked perfectly and no bad back afterwards.
Hope you like my new platform, it is making my sewing life much easier. HUGE thanks to my lovely OH for making this for me.
Thanks for dropping by.
Apologies if you have recently noticed that there are a lot of images missing from some of my older blogs posts, seems Blogger has deleted them and i have no way of adding them back into the posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.