Saturday 1 February 2014

Valentines Cards

My OH wanted me to make our cards from Darcy Wilkinson’s stamps this year as he loves the shapes of the hearts on plate EDY01, he also challenged me to use all the shades of red Pan Pastels i have and one Metallic colour. He did this as he knows i have difficulty using red, it is not one of my favourite colours!

Made an 8x8 card for OH and used the card that was over to make mine, think this is known as a scrapling card. Used an A3 sheet of Kraft card from Anna-Marie Designs.

P1050705

Used Red, Red Oxide and Permanent Dark Red also Rich Gold and Copper Metallic Pan Pastels onto a piece of card stock from stash.

P1050706

Stamped out all the hearts and sentiments. Cut them out and triple embossed them with clear embossing powder. Backed them all with black card as needed a little bit of drama, they looked lost on the Kraft card without the dark background. Have used 13 hearts as we have been together 13 years.

P1050727P1050728P1050729P1050733

Used Darcy’s heart vine stamp to go round the edges of the cards, i like to go around the whole card not just the fronts. Coloured the hearts in using Pan Pastels Metallic colours and Portfolio Pastels vines.

 P1050730

Finally added the sentiments which are both from Paper Artsy.

Thanks for dropping by, have a lovely weekend and welcome to February.

xxx

14 comments:

  1. So sweet. Lovely idea for number of years. Not too red either, looks burnished. Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, love how you've incorporated your number of years too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamping on Kraft cardstock. Am I getting this right... you're making your OH card and YOUR Valentine's card? Full marks for his appreciation and interest in your hobby but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have understood correctly! I enjoy making our cards. OH sets me challenges for our special days. For me it's his words which are more important & tbis way i get a card i actually like:-) x

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to make your own card like this! My DH has given up buying me cards because he knows how much I love to make them, so I reckon we should try this approach. I love what you did here! You rose to the challenge and your work is gorgeous. I find red difficult to use too, but you have inspired me. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your challenge lovely, loved the heart for years a great idea. I also like how you have used different colours in the hearts on the edging, adds a very lovely frame xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun design with the pretty colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo so much scrumminess, I never get a valentines card lol never thought to make my own. These are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. My hubby makes the ones he sends me so I have still have to "love" them whatever, but at least your hubby knows a good thing when he's onto it lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's a great idea, at least you don't get a card bought from a garage at the last minute. :) Both cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fab cards, and you get to receive one that you like :-) Great idea to use the hearts for years, and I love the kraft card with bold colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol that you've made your own card! They both look fabulous, love Darcy's hearts!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete