Thursday 9 October 2014

Inspired by Wanda Hentges

I do love to stamp and colour onto ceramic tiles, here is one i did in 2013.

P1070496

Used JOFY stamps and Fresco paints among other items.

When i saw this post from Wanda Hentges i was reminded how much fun i had with this technique, so here is my 6 x 6 inch white ceramic tile as inspired by Wanda.

P1070493

I purchased a few new items from the Happy Stampers North West Show one of which are the Inkadinks by Imagination Crafts.

Instead of using alcohol inks i experimented with the Inkadinks which re water based, they work very well and polish up once dry with a soft cloth. Used the Bright Set as it was the only set they had brought with them to the show. Wanted to keep the background quite soft and muted.

I also added Copper and Gold Ranger Alcohol Mixatives to add a small amount of shine to the background.

The next layer was created using Mushroom DecoArt multi-purpose paint through a TCW Stencil called Mini Rosetta by Rebekah Meier. Heat dried each layer and buffed again.

Chose Darcy’s EDY05 small bobble grass as a border for the tile as i do love the frond like effect it gives. Used Archival Ink to stamp onto the tile as the Inkadinks are water based not alcohol based, also wanted crisp images to pop off the tile.

Treated myself to one of the new Hotpicks 1301EZ and that wonderful large butterfly collage stamp to be the main focal point.

Added colour to the grass and butterfly using Kaiserfusion Alcohol pens. Edged the tile with Treasure Gold Renaissance, had a couple of accidents as you can see near the corners with finger prints, just going with the it…

Sealed the tile with Windsor and Newton Matt Varnish which has given a lovely finish, i will seal this again using a heat resistant varnish.

The tile has no backing as yet as not decided if it going indoors or outside.

Hope you have enjoyed your visit today, thanks for dropping by.

xxx

24 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, MOH. I love the Hot Picks butterfly in this context and what a beautiful border. It's a lovely work of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Louis Walsh would say..."you made it your own" it is absolutely beautiful and so original, especially with your own fingerprints! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is lovely and when you click on the image and enlarge it you can see all the beautiful stencil detail, the lovely colours and the treasure gold - gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea,I've always thought I'd love to try it but never have. You've made it look so good I might try it now!

    Congrats on your win too,M :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous make, this looks fabulous
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tile MOH! Love that Hot Picks stamp and the lovely frame you created with those 'fronds' Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed it! You gave it 110%, it's a yes from me! (I didn't start it Hazel did...) I am surprised at how well the stamps have come out on your Inkadinks (not familiar with those) and I think it would be amazing to have my own tiles on the walls of my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tile is gorgeous!!! I love butterflies!!! I'll have to look into inkadinks, haven't heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mo! Congratulations on your Speed Craft Challenge win! Can you email me, I have a quick question. Thanks, hugs

    pamellia1162(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! These tiles are very gorgeous! I like both! beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tiles are absolutely gorgeous!!!! You used the stamps beautifully. I have never tried to stamp on tile before. You are an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both tiles - the colours on the 2013 one are just fabulous, so cool, and the new one is gorgeous. Isn't that butterfly just a wonderful stamp?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome tiles! I especially like the butterfly one with all the text :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous tile! I love that butterfly Hot Pick stamp, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours you used on your tile MOH. I love that Hot Pick stamp too and used it on DD's card recently ;-) Your tile is lovely and is going to look beautiful wherever you decide to display it.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous! I love the way you have used Darcy's stamp as the border!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab tile, I love the muted tones

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful - so much detail in such a small space xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ceramic tiles, love all the details on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love both theses tiles, especially the colours on the first and the images on the second. Great take on Wandas idea. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete