Friday 10 October 2014

SDC 168 Book Pages

I do love the challenges over at the Stampotique Designers Blog.

Corrie is our hostess for todays challenge and here is what she's said:

Today it is my turn to host the Challenge and I would like you to use book text. This is such a versatile material and when I get a bit stuck, I regularly reach for an old book to use the pages. I think everybody has an old book or magazine lying around to use. I can't wait to see what you come up with, but most of all have fun creating !!!

I am also entering this card into the latest Speed Challenge which has a theme of using ink sprays or spritzers.

I am really pleased as i won The Speed Challenges first ever challenge and am happy to display the winners badge.  There were only two of us who entered so also won the top three badge, a lovely moment even it was won by default lol.

PLEASE come on over and join in the fun at BOTH of these wonderful challenges, hope to see you there.

Corrie’s challenge to use book pages was the spark i needed to create my card for the Speed Challenge also, here are my supplies but i did add to them.

P1070499

I die cut both the doily die from Sizzix from a book page and the Tattered Lace flowers die before the stopwatch was set, i learned from last weeks challenge it took three minutes out of the ten just to die cut, didn’t want to lose time again.

Here is the lovely Linda looking out from between the flowers.

P1070500

Spritzed the background using Cosmic Shimmer Mint Green and Midnight Blue sprays.

Added Pan Pastels to the book page doily, adhered it to the page and then sealed the page.

Stamped a Fluid Motion stamp from Inkadinkado from 2008 on the background of the central circle using Dark Orange Artiste ink pad from DoCrafts, then stamped Linda from Stampotique looking out from the page to wish you a Happy Birthday. 

The Tattered Lace die was a freebie from one of their magazines i got cheap at a craft show. This was die cut from a mop up page from using Dylusions ink sprays.

Added a line of washi tape along the bottom of the card to ground the flowers.

P1070501

Managed to stamp inside the card too.

All this was done in

image

Just inside the challenge time.

I added the lines around the flowers and Linda’s circle after the time limit as i sat looking at it and it needed something to bring depth to the page. This took around an extra two minutes.

The card you see is the twelve minute version, hope this is ok.

So two challenges with one card, hope you have enjoyed your visit today and am looking forward to any comment you might have time to leave.

Thanks for dropping by.

xxx

28 comments:

  1. Super imaginative card hun, love the look of book text but am too much of a wimp to do that to any of my books. I can see I need to visit a couple of jumble sales for some bargain books to cannibalise. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW just in the nick of time with nothing to spare - lol

    Love the grungyness of your fab card and the little face on the inside is classic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen Linda before....cute. Love the doily from a book, great idea. Colour combo is unusual and I love it. Have to avoid the word interesting from now on?? Inside is a bonus too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a great card even if it wasn't within 10 minutes ! I like how you placed the flower behind her head. Thank you for joining me in my Challenge at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Wow! What a stunning card! Love the use of the book pages! Great idea and a fabulous result! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Speed Craft Challenge! Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great card! Wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the die-cuts - especially those mushrooms - so cute! Lovely layered circles too. Big congrats on your speedy win - could be another in the bag here!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card especially impressed with the speed you made it, I'd forgive you the couple of minutes over.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win! I love to see how you rise to the challenge with these speedy makes and they always look superb! It just goes to show the importance of original ideas and 'lightbulb' moments - and a good idea to die-cut before you begin! That spritzed background is gorgeous. I really like the idea of a 'fluid motion' stamp, I've not seen those before! Book text is great to work with too. I have a French dictionary from the '60s right in front of me at the moment and I know I'm just going to have to use it very soon: you have inspired me! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,this is wonderful M,brilliant to create all that in the time frame. Stampotique is the best :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at the speed craft challenge and all your support.

    Have a lovely crafty weekend

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the timing MoH :D I love the card and the wee stamp inside is the perfect finishing touch :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful card for the 10 minute challenge! The doily frame is very delicate-looking and Linda looks happy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. brilliant in such a short period of time!
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! Love it! What more can I say lol
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, well done! I would have a hard time doing all of that in under 10 minutes. Linda looks fab with the flower behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! I love it! AND I love how you took a picture of your time - I promise, I can't do anything fast :/ - I love this idea of really challenging yourself. AND your card is perfect for the challenge - congratulations on your win ;0 xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a truely lovely card. Your background is amazing love it, and the colours for the doilies really work well. A challenge in itself using the pink but it looks fab. Well done lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fab card and I love that Linda is inside the card too! Well done on being so speedy! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another fabulous quick make! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the die cut pages and coloring and you were so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! that was quick impressed that you got in the timing for the die cutting down to 3 mins. love that you got Linda on the inside of the card. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry I am late coming to visit Mo, this has been a crazy week! Love love love your card! Your ink spray colours are wonderful and that fancy cut out frame is fantastic! You did an amazing job in 10 minutes!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Speed Craft Challenge Blog. Pamellia DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. An astonishingly beautiful "10-minute" card, my friend! Love the layering and detail here! Congrats also on your wins over at Speed Craft! Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! A brilliant speedy card! I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful card with so many details. Thanks so much for sharing the process you went through to make it.

    With smiles
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fabulous card, you got so much done in the 10 minutes.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw stop it, you did this in 10 minutes, it takes me that long to find my stamp! Lovely colours here too MoH, and the stamping inside the card is brilliant. Thanks for joining in with us again. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on winning the challenge.
    Lovely card, especially love that tattered die

    ReplyDelete