Thursday 2 October 2014

SDC 167 Masculine

No matter what time of the year it is i am always happy to take part in the wonderful Stampotique Designers Challenge. This time it it Kim Howard who has thrown down the gauntlet.

Here is what Kim has to say:

I'm so excited to host the challenge this week as it's one I'm always struggling with.  In a home where the males outweigh the females, you wouldn't think it would take much to create a masculine card, but it's something I have a hard time doing every time I sit down to make one.  I challenge you to show me your best masculine cards this week-are they ones that come naturally to you or do you draw a blank when you need to create one as well?

Can't wait to see all the possibilities you come up with this week!

Forgot to take any pictures this week so here is the finished card.

P1070465

I quite enjoy making masculine cards because i don’t see any reason why males don’t like flowers or chocolate or abstract art.  Not all men are macho and need to have football/rugby/cars/motorbikes images on their cards.

I chose to show that men can make their families dream many things, mostly to keep their Partners happy and to share happy moments together.  This card should convey how much they are appreciated.

List of items used:

Indigo Blu Circle Background Stamp

Pan Pastels both normal and metallic

Versamark Clear Embossing Ink Pad

The frame is from the die cuts and it has been cut out the way the words went through the machine.

Spellbinders Girls Words Dies

Washi Tape

Distress Inks Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Walnut Stain

Kaiserfusion Alcohol Pens

Rainbow Glaze

Cream card stock from stash.

Assortment of Pens for highlighting and creating borders.

Hope you enjoyed your visit today, thanks for dropping by.

xxx

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! It's one of my fav monsters - so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique DC

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card and I so like your take on male cards. I agree not all men are macho (whatever that means) some are kind and caring and gentle and appreciate the finer things in life too. So well done you for not following stereo typical male cards. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Mo! Love your little monsters and the touches of shimmer are fantastic! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab. Love the monsters and that circle bg. Great colours for a man. Why not indeed.... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooooo right,why can't men have funky cards too! I love this card,cute little monsters. I love that challenge too,it let's you create fun things

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent card MoH - I'm afraid that I'm in the class that struggls to do masculine cards but I do agree with your theory. Inspired by yur fab card, I'm going to pop over and grab me some more inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those cute little chappies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your very thoughtful card, MOH, and the reasons behind it! Couldn't agree more. Great card, my friend. Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this SO much!! Wonderful fun :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree with you on the male card debate..Never thought of it like that!!!! ....will have to remember that when I make them in the future. Love your gorgeously fun card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card! I love using Kira's stamps for male cards too. Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of the monsters on this card. Thanks for joining my challenge this week at Stampotique Deisgner's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm late MoH, it seems to take me longer each year to get over holidays lol. Your card is brilliant, I love your monsters and great use of washi tape too. Thanks for playing along with us again at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete